Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our employees and the community we serve. Our district is committed to helping slow the spread of COVID-19. In accordance with CDC and local public health recommendations the District office is now closed to the public until we emerge from this public health emergency.
The Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District is committed to protecting public health and will continue to conduct essential services to minimize future mosquito threats. We continue to perform essential services and are currently conducting mosquito control and surveillance. Our online request form and phone lines are open during business hours to help assist you with your needs.
Please note that due to COVID-19 precautionary steps, social distancing requirements will need to be adhered to during home inspections.
The following will be required for a home inspection:
- Inspectors will be calling prior to the appointment to obtain access to your property.
- Homeowners cannot be present in the backyard or front yard during the inspection.
- Inspectors will contact the homeowner/caller to provide detailed information on the inspection. Contact may be done by text, email or a phone call based on the homeowner/callers preference.
- Reference materials may be left for homeowners after the inspection.
Services we offer at the moment:
At the moment the Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District provides services for:
- Red Imported Fire Ants (RIFA)
- Mosquito Fish Drop off
Having problems with rats? The District's rat education program is currently put on hold due to the high abundance of mosquitoes and the presence of West Nile virus. Click here if you are experiencing an increase in rat activity or if you are seeing indicators that you may have rats. The link above will provide guidance regarding the reduction of conditions favorable to rats.