Please Note that due to COVID-19 precautionary steps and social distancing requirements will need to be adhered to during home inspections.
The following will be required for a home inspection:
- Inspectors will be calling prior to the appointment to obtain access to your property.
- Homeowners cannot be present in the backyard or front yard during the inspection.
- Inspectors will contact the homeowner/caller to provide detailed information on the inspection. Contact may be done by text, email or a phone call based on the homeowner/callers preference.
- Reference materials may be left for homeowners after the inspection.
Submitting a Tip? What You Need to Know
Preventing mosquito-borne diseases requires joint commitment by public health agencies and by you, the resident. A healthier community is made possible only when everyone shares the responsibility of mosquito control.
What We Cover
At the moment the Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District provides services for:
- Red Imported Fire Ants (RIFA)
- Mosquito Fish Drop off
Having problems with rats? The District's rat education program is currently put on hold due to COVID-19. Click here if you are experiencing an increase in rat activity or if you are seeing indicators that you may have rats. The link above will provide guidance regarding the reduction of conditions favorable to rats.
Ready to Submit a Tip?
Preventing mosquito-borne disease requires joint commitment by public health agencies and you, the resident. Your tip will be investigated. If further action is needed to treat for mosquitoes or Red Imported Fire Ants, our inspectors will proceed with control measure.
We will only contact you if further clarificaiton or information is needed at this time.