The following signs indicate roof rat activity:
- Partially eaten fruit and vegetables.
- Snail shells under bushes, on fences, or near nesting sites.
- Signs of gnawing on plastic, wood, or rubber materials.
- Rub marks caused by rats' oily fur coming in repeated contact with surfaces or objects.
- Rat droppings are usually signs of significant rat activity. The droppings are randomly scattered on a runway, feeding location, or shelter. Droppings are dark in color, spindle shaped and about 1/2 inch long.
Check for these problem areas: