The mission of the Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District is to provide the citizens of Orange County with the highest level of protection from vectors and vector-borne diseases.
In achieving this mission, the Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District shall:
- Be proactive in response to current and future vector threats.
- Respond effectively and courteously to the needs of the public.
- Inform and educate the public about the shared responsibility of vector control.
- Utilize the most effective and safest methods available for the control of vectors.
- Provide vector control services in the most cost-effective manner.
Definition of a vector
A vector is any insect or other arthropod, rodent or other animal of public health significance capable of harboring or transmitting the causative agents of human disease, or capable of causing human discomfort or injury.