The District provides FREE mosquitofish to all Orange County residents for placement on their property only. Residents can pick up fish at the District or may have a service request generated by phone or online to have them delivered.
To pick up at the District:
- Complete the mosquitofish pickup form prior to your arrival at the Distrist
MosquitoFish Pickup Form
- Call (714) 971-2421, to let us know what day you will be picking up the fish
- Stop by the District on the day you indicated
- Pick up one bag of fish, per property
To have the fish delivered:
- Complete the service request form or call us to place a request.
Service Request Form
- An inspector will deliver the fish to your property
These fish are routinely stocked by the District to control mosquito populations in sources such as artificial lakes, irrigation ditches, and industrial ponds.
It is against California Department of Fish and Game regulations for private citizens to plant mosquitofish in waters of the state without a permit.
To avoid competition with sensitive native amphibians and fish species, we do not stock mosquitofish in habitats where such species are known to be present.